Monday 6 April 2015

TAKE A LOOK: Mugler Menswear FW13 @ Paris Fashion Week

Hello all; sorry I haven't been posting at all in the last couple of months, it's been a hectic time for me at school with exams, deadlines, coursework, interviews, work, and the list goes on....

Anyway, it's that time where I want to look back at previous fashion collection favourites. 

I'm a big fan of menswear as their clothing is usually pretty simplistic with minimal detail yet statement, and depending on how the compositions are fitted together, can really make you stand out.
One of my favourite collections that demonstrates this well is from Mugler Menswear FW13 at Paris Fashion Week.



I will honestly admit, this collection instantly caught my eye because I just cannot resist a man in uniform.

I like the Russian-looking design of the military-styled jackets with the simple 'M' emblem, as well as the fitted gilets and the buckle and velcro strips which hug it, styled over the half turtle neck long sleeved shirts. Both outfits come in black and khaki, making them easy colours to dress up or down on formal or casual occasions. 




All-black-everything. Monotonic, everything here catches your attention. The fitting of the wide-thigh pants teamed with a black collar-up gilet, black under layer shirt, leather gloves and ankle boots is so sleek, giving an authoritative aura from the whole outfit. Not to mention that it looks really warm too.

The plain black bomber jacket paired with skinny black pants and black high lace-up brogue shoes makes is the easiest outfit to throw on and wear out in F/W. Bomber jackets are timeless and original, I believe, and pairing them with skinny pants with the recent trend of shoes with a contrasting sole is extremely stylish while effortless.



 Mugler has dared to stand out with this glossy royal blue suit jacket, collared shirt and slim trousers, and I'm thinking this would look amazing in Winter against the gloomy weather, and if it has been snowing like it currently is in London, would contrast nicely against the snow.  I also liked this geometric turtle-neck jumper as the black, blue and white contrast nicely with eachother. Maybe the triangle pattern emphasizes the v-shape of the male's cleavage, or maybe it doesn't.
I'd like to think there is a nice package under there anyway.


 The blue suit piece was bold, however this pink suit..? I'm not too keen on the colour - I like that it's block-y where the pinkness contrasts with the black shoes, however rather than for Fall or Winter, it's more of a shade belonging to Spring where the trend of floral patterns and prints and lighter shades often appear. So for this outfit and the other pink outfits that were in this Mugler F/W13 collection, the pinks are probably a no-no for me.


I'm a fan of this Mugler FW13 collection though, not because I'm a massive fan of men in uniform and military trends, but because the lack of detail shows that it can make such a big impression. The cut of each clothing helps to emphasize the masculinity of each part of the body too, and well basically, emphasizes the good parts that you guys have. Yeah, don't you agree?

-

Apologies again for not posting anything recently! I'll have more free time soon so I will definitely update here more often.



Emily, LDN

No comments:

Post a Comment