Monday 24 September 2012

Cornwall, the usual

Just before another term of school started, my family along with my baby cousin's family went on our second small vacation to Cornwall.

Now, after coming back from India a few days before (which was ridiculously hot at first, but I got used to it!), I expected England to be the same old miserable, gloomy, rainy country, but actually  it was surprisingly hot some days! Wait, but it rained some too..

We managed to catch some sun nonetheless, and those sunny days were spent at the quietest, hidden, most beautiful beaches of England.

Porth Joke Beach (left), Perranporth Beach (right)


Other than spending a lot time at the beach, we also spent a lot of time staying in our chalet that looks like something from out of Lord of the Rings...!

Roseland Lodge 3; "The Shire"

There were loads surfing/beach-y/tourist shops, leather shops, vintage shops, and the usual high street stores in all the little towns we visited, but everything here was relatively cheaper than the goods you get in London. I managed to get my hands on a tan leather belt (£4), red leather passport holder (£4), skull bracelet (£3.50), a pack of incense sticks (99p; they smell absolutely amazing) and a lovely little black and gold embroidered vest top (£5).

[Sunglasses] ALDO [Denim jacket] Vintage Lee's [Vest] Hippie-vintage store [Skirt] H&M [Shoes] ALDO
[Bag] Unlabelled

Overall, I had a really chilled, relaxed break that was perfect for clearing out my mind,
ready for the tough last year of I.B life...

1 comment: